Monday, July 19, 2010

A coupla princesses

Young Miss turned three with all the accompanying sparkle and sticky.

I whipped this Topsy Turvy Cinderella up for her using this pattern from Jean Greenhowe. And when I say "whipped" what I mean is "I spent a bazillion grueling hours knitting my fingers into carpal-tunnelous crab legs."





Usually, when you spend a lot of time and consideration in making something for a child, they dislike it and do not want to play/wear/eat it. For instance, for Christmas, I... you know what? Never mind about the for instances. But, I am happy to announce that this is a happy exception to that sucky rule. Young Miss loves Cinderella, and drags her along by the hand everywhere she goes. Or rather, I modify, she loves half of Cinderella. The post-fairy-godmother half. I often flip over the skirt to remind her that there is so much more of Cinderella to love (not to mention I'm ten times prouder of the shabby, scullery look) but no! Young Miss has no patience for the unrefined. If it ain't fancy, it ain't flying. So, swoosh goes the skirt, back to the prince-nabbing, glass-slippered side of Cinderella, and off the two princess march to discuss tu-tus and chapstick and the color pink. And you know? I take what I can get.

EH?

8 comments:

  1. oh eirene. i forgot how much you make me laugh. and i am honored to be on your blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I am so far past impressed! You really knitted that? I bow to you. On another note, I had a similar doll as a child and I really loved her. Kudos to you for making one for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hats off..you never called me. This is Audra. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. what happened to female young pup's glasses? I enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these dolls-2 in 1 miracle. Love your other blog head as well as this one. Love you! Em

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need you to knit me some cute hats for my boys for winter that i can give to them for Christmas. if you would ever check your blog.... let me know how much. call me ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Beautiful! That's Little Princess and Cinderella. Now, looking at well-loved Cinderella today, aren't you glad that you documented this moment in time? Hint, hint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey There! I had to leave RS promptly today after your lesson, and then wanted so badly to get in touch with you to tell you thank you...so I looked for your email address in the RS directory and couldn't get it...so then I found you online.

    Long story short, I'm a total stalker ;)

    I wanted to tell you that I think you are just fantastic. I loved your talk! I think you are adorable and energetic and I totally have a mommy crush on you. (the kindred sister spirit type)

    MEG

    ReplyDelete